Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Mountain of the Lord

Josh and I had the opportunity of attending the sealing ceremony of Britton Mickelson, a former camp staff member we worked with at Camp Hunt. It was a simple, yet spiritual ceremony. Josh and I have not been to the temple together in a long time. It was nice to sit in the sealing room and reflect upon our own marriage covenant. It will be 10 years for Josh and I this year. How the time has passed quickly. After the ceremony, we were outside the temple taking pictures with the wedding couple and their families, Josh bumped into his mission president, Stephen Hadley. It was a complete surprise for him. We have not seen him in 4 years. He and his wife, Shirley, live in bountiful. During the conversation, he told us that he had been called back to Toronto to serve as the temple president. What a wonderful day it was! In the afternoon, we picked up the kids from Josh's parents house and drove up to Camp Kiesel. Josh had to go up there for some work -- our life includes Scouting at every turn -- and the kids had a fun time playing on the fort there.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Rebecca -
It's your Aunt Diane. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I loved reading it and seeing the pictures you posted of the kids (how cute are they!!) and you and Josh. (You're both still adorable!) After reading your comments in 'The Mountain of the Lord' about it being almost 10 years ago that you and Josh got married, it immediately brought to mind your reception because that is where I met my husband to be! I guess I should say, re-met. So I guess I have you to thank for that! (Did I ever do that?) No? Well, THANK YOU!!!!!
WOW - it's really been 10 years? I guess so, because David and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary this December. Thanks for getting us together! Take care and have a great 10th anniversary (early)!
Love you, Diane :)

Rebecca H. said...

Hi Aunt Diane,
Thanks for posting a comment. That's right. That is where you and Dave started talking. Wow, the time flies so fast! Your welcome to pass our web address on to any of your kids or friends from down there. Its fun to see what others are doing in their lives.