Sunday, November 2, 2008

A day at the cemetery


As I have talked about in earlier posts, Josh and I have been spending some of our late night time doing family history work, instead of watching T.V. We have really enjoyed getting to know more about our ancestors together.


After talking during Halloween dinner, we decided to enjoy the beautiful warm fall weather, and go down to the cemeteries in SLC and take pictures of family headstones.


It was so peaceful at the cemetery. We usually go every year during Memorial day. It ends up being a high stress time as we fight for parking space, while keeping the kids some what quiet and respectful. Today, we were the only people in the cemetery, well except for the deer. See picture below (I think they found a good hiding spot during the hunting season)The colorful leaves were a beautiful backdrop to the headstones. We enjoyed it so much, we are considering going each Oct time instead of Memorial day.

We did find several of Josh's ancestors and we are planning a trip to Springville next Monday to find a few of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing this. Jubilee is the one in our family working on it. Thanks