
I've always wanted to make a quilt from scratch. It's one of those things on my 'Things I want to do before I die' list. I remember casually mentioning that to Josh sometime last summer. He asked me what colors I would pick. I said "Reds, and pinks."
Fast forward to Christmas morning. I opened a box that contained all the fabrics to make a "Trip around the World Quilt". I was so surprised. He had gone with his mother one day to the fabric store and they had picked out complementary fabrics. Josh has always been one of my biggest supporters. This gift meant so much to me. 1st, it showed that he really does listen to me and my ramblings, and 2nd he wants me to achieve all my goals. What a awesome husband.
So I'm beginning a
trip around the world. I'm not alone on this trip. The Haacke women are all quilters. (Hence, one of my reasons for wanting to learn.) My mother in law showed me what to do to get started. I've really been enjoying this adventure so far. I have so much to learn and I'm sure there will be some mistakes on the way. But I'm going to enjoy every moment of this journey!
trip around the world. I'm not alone on this trip. The Haacke women are all quilters. (Hence, one of my reasons for wanting to learn.) My mother in law showed me what to do to get started. I've really been enjoying this adventure so far. I have so much to learn and I'm sure there will be some mistakes on the way. But I'm going to enjoy every moment of this journey!
2 comments:
oh Rebecca I cried when I read this that is sooo sweet of your husband!! I can't think of a more thoughtful gift!! I am so proud of you for trying something like this!! Let me know how it goes and show me some more of your amazing work!! Good luck!
What a wonderful gift. I can't wait to see the finished project. I love trip around the world quilts. They are always interesting because of the colors and prints that people put together.
Post a Comment