

Today is Abigail 1st birthday. Abigail was a wonderful surprise from the very beginning. Of course, her early arrival (6 weeks) made for a necessary stay in the NI CU for the first 10 days of her life. She is a very independent spirit, which we believed helped, along with many prayers from our family and friends, for her to become well enough to come home.
She has become the center of our universe. Abigail has always been more of a somber child. She would rarely smile and laugh. In fact I think I can only count about 3 times I have heard her laugh. She only says one word. "YEA" Yet, she says it with such emotion. Clapping her hands and yelling yea, it puts a smile on our face.She started standing on her own 2 weeks ago and just 2 days ago took her first 2 steps. Her favorite past time is dumping all the Tupperware lids on the ground, then moving to the towel drawer where she flings all the towels over her shoulders. This is where Josh reminds me of Pres. Monson talk about finding Joy in the Journey.He says, "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly". Oh how true this quote is. Abigail's 1st year has come and gone so quickly. I hope we will remember all the wonderful experiences and feelings we have had raising her so far.
Abigail we love you so much and look forward to an exciting year ahead.
Happy 1st Birthday!
2 comments:
How true it is... There are many times when I miss the finger prints. Thank goodness for grandkids. They make the world so much brighter. Happy birthday Abigail!!!
Oh Rebecca she is so beautiful! She seems like a little sweetie!! I think the more you have the less they need you!! Our Father must know how hectic it gets!! :) Sounds like she had a wonderful day. I cry every time I think about my kids getting older and not needing me like they do right now!! I love this time with them and want them to stay little forever!! THey are so sweet, fun and innocent! I love that!! When I think about them getting to the teenage years I get sad!! So I totally will miss them!! I have tried really hard to enjoy each day with them and I am still going to do better!! THanks for the reminder!! LOve you
Post a Comment