We had Josh's parents and Grandma Beck come up to celebrate Mother's day with us. I picked one of my favorite, grilled sirloin steaks. Josh also made homemade vanilla ice cream and pie for dessert. Now mind you these pies were completely from scratch. He even bought fresh cherries, made the filling and pie crust. Same with the apple pie. It was some of the best pies I have ever had. 

Josh's parents gave me the new Worldwide Ward Cookbook. I love it. It has so many fun recipes to try. I love to collect cookbook. It's a hobby of mine.
M. Russell Ballard said, "Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction. "
I'm very thankful for the opportunity I have to be a mother. Of course there are days I'm ready to pull my hair out, but overall it's wonderful. The other night I overheard Isaac's prayer at night. He said "Thanks for making my mom put up with me and love me. I'm glad for all she does for me."
I smiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment