Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of School

Sarah and Ethan went back to school this morning. They both got up at 6:50 a.m. excited and got right to their morning jobs(unloading the dishwasher and sorting and folding laundry). We had oatmeal and toast for breakfast,a favorite for Ethan. After Breakfast, lunches were made, hair done, and it was time to leave. Sarah will be in 3rd grade and Ethan in 2nd this year. After posing for the traditional first day of school picture, off they went on their bikes. School is from 9:00 a.m. until 3:20 p.m. here in Providence. Friday is early day out at 2:05 p.m.
This is the first year I didn't cry. I'm sure that will be coming next Thursday with Isaac starts Kindergarten. Wow! How fast the time goes. I really need to enjoy these precious years when I can, and remember to "seize the day".

No comments: