Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School Night

With Josh being away for Powderhorn @ Camp Hunt, that left me and our 5 children going to Back to school night together. We (I should say I, the kids did not want to walk) decided to walk to the school to get some exercise (code for tire them out) on the way. We visited with Ethan's teacher first, Isaac's next and Sarah's last. They all seem like very nice teachers and we are excited for the coming year.
On the way to the front office to pick up PTA packets, we came across the school mascot Panda ( A man dressed in a Panda outfit) Jacob started freaking out. He does not like dressed up animals. He started screaming and darting around to get away from the panda. When I finally got him under controlled, I looked up to see our new principle watching us. I introduced myself, and started introducing the kids - "This is Sarah, Ethan, Isaac ? Where's Isaac?" So now I feeling like a idiot, because I can't keep track of my own kids. Of course the hallways are swarmed with people, and no Isaac anywhere. After 8 minutes, the older kids found him outside on the playground swinging. He said he got bored, and was waiting for us to leave. If I could just get him to communicate that with me. I'm very nervous for his Kindergarten teacher. He's going to give her a run for her money. I hope he doesn't get bored with school and decide to just leave and walk home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny!! I think Isaac sounds alot like Stephen. HEHE!!

Rebecca H. said...

hi michelle,
I'm glad I can laugh today. I wasn't laughing much then.

meegz said...

i wouldn't have laughed eihter -- I feel your pain. :) it's good to know we Mom's are all in the same boat though.:)