I had the most awesome experience yesterday afternoon that I wanted to write about and remember. Let me preface it by adding, Sunday night I had asked my husband to give me a blessing. I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything going on in my life, and just needed some peace. One thing in particular I was counseled was to start looking for the hand of the Lord in my life everyday. I needed to take note of the daily miracles in my life and give thanks to my Heavenly Father for them.
Yesterday afternoon, I was standing in the kitchen just starring out the front door when my neighbor came running into the house frantic. She said "Call 911, she's not breathing." She was holding her little girl who is 18 months old. She was laying in her arms, limp, not moving. My neighbor said, "I think she swallowed something, my phone is not working." In a flash I saw in my mind exactly what I needed to do. I am an instructor with the red cross, and I'm trained in CPR and First aid. I took the little girl, lifted her upside down, and began giving back blows. After three back blows a marble shot out of her mouth across the floor. I lifted her back upright and began rubbing her back. She immediately started breathing and within 30 sec started crying. My neighbor burst into tears as did I as we realized she was OK. After she walked out the door, my knees turned weak and I started shaking. I had been completely calm up to that point, my thought and actions guided by the spirit. I thank my Heavenly Father for his help and allowing me to be a part of this miracle. It's an experience I don't think I will ever forget. Daily miracles, there everywhere. I just need to start recognizing his hand in my life more.
4 comments:
I started crying when I read this. Thank goodness for the little miracles in our lives every single day. That little girl and her mom will be forever grateful that you listened in your CPR class and that you were brave and calm when they needed you. Wow. Great to hear stories like that.
wow -- good for you rebecca. Where much is given, much is required. The Lord does have his hand in all things.
I also cried while reading this and tried to read it to Dennis but couldn't because I was so chocked up. You are so amazing. I totally understand your feelings of being overwhelmed especially when you have kids that are constantly with you. Just tell yourself that these are the best days of your life - because they are among the most precious. The kids will grow up all to soon the good memories they have of growing up will be your reward for all the work you are putting in!
Wow Rebecca! What a blessing! You must be doing something right to be so in tune! It's funny how the "everydays" of life can be such a distraction - sometimes it's easy to forget the blessings all around you.
Post a Comment