Thursday, October 23, 2008

Geneology update

In an earlier post, I wrote I have been working on finding my ancestors. I had a very special experience this last week. After we got back from visiting my mom and dad last Friday to get some names and pictures, Josh and I started going through the boxes she had given us. We were amazed at the pictures and information she has had sitting in her basement, that she didn't realize she had. Like pictures of my Grandpa Burbank on the USS Mississippi navel ship or His parents headstones from the cemetery in Chowchilla, Ca.(She has always wondered where her grandparents were buried). The letters from her father's brother Otis Burbank or letters from his other family the Gunns. I don't think we realized how much communication there really was between my Grandpa B. different family members.
The prize picture in the box was of his daughter Joyce Burbank at abt 1 years old. This is the daughter from a different marriage that my mother only met once in her life when she was 15. She couldn't remember her name correctly and has had a desire to meet up with her again her whole life. After a couple of days of researching the name on the picture, I came across her information, did some email exchanges with her family members and received a phone number. She has been living in Northern California her whole life. My mom called her the next day and they talked for more than 3 hours and she'splanning a trip to Ca to meet her in person. Again I'm thankful for the Lords hand in my life. It is the small daily miracles that can mean so much to us.

1 comment:

meegz said...

Treasures, just waiting to be found!