10 years ago today Josh and I were sealed in the San Diego Temple. WOW! The time goes by so fast. Does that mean were getting old?I'll admit I still get goose bumps when I see him across a crowded room. I love his twinkling blue eyes, and the smile he gives just to to me. Of course there are ups and downs in all marriages, but we are committed forever.
I looked up 10th anniversary on the Internet to see what it says:
The tenth year of marriage celebration is the first of the major milestone anniversaries. As you celebrate this special 10th wedding anniversary, think about the durability of your commitment to one another for a full decade. Rather than luck and love, the most common reasons couples give for their long-term marital success are commitment and companionship. They define their marriage as a creation that has taken hard work, dedication and commitment (to each other and to the institution of marriage). The happiest couples are friends who share lives and are compatible in interests and values.
We were reminiscing about our lives together late last night: The fan vacations to Disneyland, San Fransisco, Nashville, Colorado, and San Diego. The four years of living at scout camp for the summer. Working for the Boy Scouts, the M.T.C., and the juvenile jail. Graduating from BYU, moving 5 times in 10 years, and having 5 kids in 10 years.
I was thinking about President Monson talk at General Conference about finding Joy in the Journey.
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly. Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let t
hem know. We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. "So Josh, I want the whole world to know how much I love you. You always are there to support me. You lift me up when I am sad, you make me giggle with the things you say, you listen to everything I need to say. You are my best friend. I love you forever. and I glad we have each other in this life and the next. May we continue to find joy in our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment