Sunday, October 12, 2008

We Won

Living in Cache Valley, we have our own radio stations up here. KVNU is the news, talk station on the AM dial. We always wake up to the morning news with AL and Craig. I like to hear the official weather for Cache Valley (It was 24 yesterday morning). They have a daily Anniversary contest at 7:25 A.M. They read your names, city and how many years married, then pick a winner out of a hat. The winner receives a rose w/ vase from Plant Peddlers. So every year, much to the chagrin of Josh, I call in our Anniversary.
Al read off the names, put the names in the hat, and pulled our name. YEAH! From that they continue to announce the winners name throughout the day on the radio. We also get put in the weekly and monthly prize drawing. I hoping for the gift certificate for dinner.
I guess I underestimated how many people up here in Logan really listen to KVNU. For the last two days and all throughout church people kept coming up and congratulating us on our anniversary and winning the prize drawing. We finally won something. It only took us 10 years.

No comments: