
So Abigail will be turning 1 in about 2 weeks. Josh and I had already decided that we would get rid of the pacifier by her birthday. We were down to 1 from the original 4 I had bought. I just didn't plan for it to happen so abruptly and the day that it did. We had gone to the Library for preschool story time. Abigail is loud. She loves to jabber at the top of her lungs. I usually don't give her a pacifier except for naps and bedtime, but it was the library. Somewhere between trying to help Jacob sit quietly and doing the art project she dropped her Binky. It was nowhere to be found, and she and I were becoming frustrated. We ended up packing up and going home so others could enjoy some quiet time.
When I put her down for her nap, she looked at me with her big eye's as if saying "OK- Give me my sucky thing" She proceeded to cry for the next 30 minutes, finally falling over in sheer exhaustion. It was at that point I realized Josh and I had a business dinner, and I would be leaving Abigail with my mother in law to put to bed that night. I quickly made a pan of lemon bars as a BIG THANK YOU for watching her.
It's been a week now. The first 3 days were a little rough, but she's past it. In fact it's as if she doesn't remember using one.
Yesterday, I cleaned out the van, and you guessed it I found 2 of our lost pacifiers. Then I went to the Library and there was the pacifiers I had lost sitting on the front check out desk. I had to quickly throw them all away. As I reflected upon it, I decided it was me that was becoming dependent on them during the last month or so, not Abigail.
2 comments:
I KNOW I am the one who is dependent on the binkie...not my two year old:)
Oh how I understood this one!! Our third child was the one I would give it to so much because he was so loud and I wanted to enjoy church and other places like the library!! We realized that also and there were those moments I was so grateful for them and then I had moments wishing they were never invented!! :)
Post a Comment