Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday Evening Laundry

Last night we washed the clothes; you know, the mad frenzy to get everything washed so we are ready for Sunday. Last night, I had an epiphany. The last load of clothes had the boys' pants from the day. They were covered in mud (dried on mud). I smiled and put them in the wash.

The boys had a busy day yesterday. They played with neighborhood friends, rode their bikes, and played in the dirt (in an empty lot near our home) for most of the day.

After the load of laundry had gone the washing cycle, I put the clothes in the dryer. At the bottom of the washing machine, I found the following: 1 rock, 1 golf ball, and 2 pieces of sidewalk chalk. I guess I should have checked pockets before washing the clothes.

Still, it was a great moment for me. . .another "finding joy in the journey" moment to stop and think about the challenge and joy of parenthood all at the same time. They are growing up extremely fast. I am glad the boys enjoyed their journey yesterday.

2 comments:

meegz said...

the mad rush to do laundry on saturday....I usually forget about it and pay for it on Sunday -- good job Mom!!:)

And an even better job for finding joy in the journey --- it really does go fast.

Mandy said...

You are such a good example of enjoying your journey!! I learn from you all the time!! You are such a great mom!!