Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ethan turned Eight


Ethan is our April Fools baby. He loves that he was born on that day. It was a Sunday, during General Conference for our church. I clearly remember pushing while focusing on Pres Hinckley talking on the T.V. He came out extremely red. I passed too many red blood cells to him through the umbilical cord and his liver was not working properly yet. He was a wake for that first 1/2 hour, then he fell into a deep sleep. He struggled to wake up to eat. We just thought he was such a good baby. We took him home, and I remember having to set the alarm to remember to feed him every 2 to 3 hours because he just wouldn't wake up. Then Beverly, my sister in law came over, and said, He's a little yellow don't you think? I called the hospital, they had me bring him over to do a test. By the time I drove home, the hospital was calling telling us to rush him back immediately. They admitted him to the pediatric unit at 4 days old. It suddenly made since why he slept all the time and didn't want to eat. He spent the next 4 days in the hospital under lights.


Now our little guy is turning 8 years old. I asked him to tell me 8 things he loves.

  1. Sports

  2. cub scouts

  3. reading

  4. playing the Wii

  5. eating

  6. playing with friends

  7. outdoor activities (camping, fishing, hiking)

  8. my parents

My heart melted. I said, "Really, you love us?" He flashed one of his embarrassed smiles and responded, "Of course I do."

Ethan, we love you too!

2 comments:

Linda said...

We love you too Ethan! You have always been a very special and happy boy. Glad your growing up to be so terrific.

Kristina Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!
we love you and hope you had a great day! have fun being 8! see you at your baptism!