Thursday, May 7, 2009

A sweet tooth

I was making cookies today when I realized Abigail was not underfoot, and it had become very quiet. I called her name, and she came out of the pantry closet licking her hand. I had left the sugar bucket open. She had been licking her hand, scooping it in the bucket, dropping the extra on the ground, and licking again. This was not her first offence. After the first time she found the sugar bucket open a couple of weeks ago, I left the flour bucket open. She tried the same thing, but of course she found it wasn't sweet. Abigail was trying to get it off her hands when she fell into the bucket and got stuck. I pulled out a very white, ghost looking child. I thought she had learned her lesson. Yeah, the sugar bucket has a blue lid.

No comments: