
This is my mother in laws favorite Jell-o salad. It consists of green jello and raw shredded cabbage and carrots. On top is a dab of miracle whip. She made this for us Saturday night(along with clam chowder soup and breadsticks - which were very good). She was in heaven.
We all tried to smile and eat it as fast as we could.
The group voted

She told me later she forgot the shredded cheese that goes on top too!
What do you think? Have you had this before?
6 comments:
I have had this!! My grandmother was famous for making everything with jello! SHe would make one with carrots and raisins also!!
They were never my favorite but you learn to eat them and now I kind of miss them now that she is gone. One she made a lot was yellow jello with walnuts and apples with grapes. Didn't like it much but she made it alot! :) Love the picture with all the hands down!! FUNNY!! Poor grandma!! :)
I've had this before. My grandmother used to make it for family get togethers. I think it was her anyway, it could have been my own mother. This is not something that I am going to hand down to my kids, but I definitely remember eating it!! Weird huh!! Mormon pop culture or something.
I would have to agree with the kids. eww!
I seriously have NEVER heard of this salad before or that it is her favorite! That is one crazy concoction of a jello salad. and to think I have always tried to say we mormons don't really make salads out of green jello and carrots.
eww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is getting there.sarah
Oh, yikes! No thanks!
Post a Comment