Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things found under the fridge in the new home



Note - This post may make you nauseous.


Josh and I were cleaning the kitchen at our new home last night. To put it nicely, we'll just say cleanliness wasn't on the top of this family's priority list.

We decided to start at the top of the cupboards and work our way down. The grease was so thick on the top of the cupboards I had to use a degreaser and a putty knife to scrape it off. - No joke -

We next pulled the oven out. Worse. Again I got the putty knife out to scrape the gunk off the side of the range. Josh cleaned the floor behind the oven. It was black. He had to use the putty knife to scrape the floor. After three washings, we finally found it. Next we moved to the fridge. Yes, It was just as bad. After vacuuming all the coils in the back, Josh again scraped the floor with the putty knife, then washed it three times. Next he tilted the fridge back so I could vacuum the coils and the floor under the fridge. That is when we found a few 'treasures' left behind. Everything from Lego's, money, marbles, jacks, band aids, silverware, toys and a T.V. dinner. Yes, that's right. An unopened, moldy TV dinner.

Here is just a few of the items we found.

The next day we decided to buy a new electric range, and new blinds for the kitchen.

1 comment:

Tallie Geddes said...

Oh Rebecca - at first I was ready to move on down - but now you have me thinking twice! If I do move, I'm hiring you and Josh to come help us clean - you guys are thorough! Hope all goes smoothly now!