This year we went to Camp Bartlett for Family Camp. Josh needed to be up there for work anyways, so we all decided to go as a family. I signed up for Woodbadge. I am an Eagle. It was a great week. The kids were each assigned a group for the week where they would go for fun crafts, or outdoor adventures. They all were able to go boating, swimming, hiking, and go on field trips to nearby museums. We even got some fishing in, but the only thing Jacob caught was a 6foot 4 slightly balding father. We all slept in tents, ate camp food, and enjoyed evening campfires. Josh was the main parent all week with me in the woodbadge course. He walked around all day with Abigail on his back.

Funny (and not so funny) things to remember
- Our tent caught in a wind storm and flying higher than 200 ft in the air. That happened the first day. Luckily Josh found it, and quickly put stakes in it
- Grilled Cheese sandwiches 2 days in a row. The food truck was late for the lunch delivery.
- Sleeping out for my last night for the outdoor experience and having chipmunks run across my sleeping bag all night. One time it ran across my forehead. AGH!!
We had a wonderful experience together. I learned so much at woodbadge. The biggest thing I learned was about change. Embrace it, and learn from it. I also was able to see scouting from a different point of view, the volunteers eyes. It gave me a new respect for how many good people are out there donating there time for our boys. There are so many other things I learned, that it is hard to share it all. But I would in courage anybody out there thinking about woodbadge to just go and do it. It is life changing. I can't think of a better place I would have like to have been for my birthday than there.
Thanks Josh for supporting me through it and making it possible. You are truly wonderful.
5 comments:
How neat for you Rebecca! Sounds like so much fun for the whole family. And a chipmunk on your face?! That's a memory. We miss you guys.
Hey Haackes - looks like you've been having some fun! Your family is adorable! You have to send me your phone # so we can get together!
Great photos! We loved seeing Bartlett again.
Your Awesome Rebecca! I need to be better at excepting change - I love your insight on things! I still don't think you'll see me camping anytime soon though!
I haven't had a chance to talk to you about Woodbadge....glad you enjoyed it!:)
Post a Comment