I have a new favorite song. The name of it is "For Good." It is from the musical Wicked."Wicked" is a Broadway musical about what happened before and during the events of the movie "The Wizard of Oz". It is about how a girl named Elphaba became wicked when she is ostracized by all of her school peers. But her world is changed forever when the most popular girl in their school, Glinda, is forced to share a room with her. Glinda tries to teach Elphaba how to be popular like her, but just barely succeeds. This musical comedy shows how two very different people can become the best of friends, and how the never-ending war of love can help add to the chaos in-between it all.
The words in the song are so beautiful and speak to me.
There are so many people in my life that have changed my life for the better. It's hard to mention them all. From my friends in my teenage life, mission companions, college roommates and friends, coworkers, school teachers, visiting teachers and companions, ward members and neighbors to each of my siblings and their spouses and children. I think of my in laws and all of Josh's and my extended family, my own grandparents and my Mother and Father, and last but certainly not least my husband Josh. The opening of the song says this:
"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
bringing something we must learn and
we are led to those who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return
well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
because I knew you"
I just wanted to say Thank you to each of you for all the things you have taught me whether that be through things you've said or things you've done. As I have sat hear replaying this song over and over, I have been thinking about how important our relationships in this life are. I don't think I realized before how each of you has influenced my life to some degree. From simple choices of hair styles, and music likes to the important choices like serving a mission, colleges, husband selection, and how to raise my children. Each one you has left an imprint on my life and just like the song says,
" Because I knew you, I have been changed for good"
2 comments:
Sweet post. We listen to this song a lot in our house..and love it.:)
Oh Rebecca I know I can say that about you!! You have been such a great example to me and I am amazed how you are always put together! I will never forget your example as a roommate and as a friend in the mission!! How blessed I was to have gone to the same mission!! You have been a gift to me and I thank you for your friendship! I wish I could see you more and hope we will always keep in touch!!
Post a Comment